VP of Marketing
We're looking for a VP of Marketing to lead our marketing team and strategy and play a critical role as a member of the Zapier leadership team. Interested in heading a remote team who's on a mission to help everyone be more productive at work? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You're motivated by setting and executing an efficient marketing strategy, building and developing high-performing teams, and collaborating across an organization to reach shared goals.
You're a skilled digital marketing strategist. You're passionate about growing and optimizing a marketing funnel and expanding the channels that impact it, like search, email, partnerships, content, press, and community. You're driven to build a high-performing marketing engine that grows month-over-month.
You're able to translate ambiguity into tactical plans. As part of an executive team, you know how to take a broad company initiative and turn it into tactical plans that help achieve company goals.
You're an effective team builder. This isn't your first go at it, and you have the failures along with the successes to prove it. You know how to recruit, hire, train, and develop modern marketers. You enable efficient teams. And when the going gets tough, you keep morale high and sights set on continual progress.
You're resourceful and adept at managing projects. You have experience working across functional teams and effectively collaborating with roles such as design, engineering, and data, in order to empower marketing team members to execute projects.
You're adaptable. You've thrived in fast-growing companies and know how to build, change, and quickly meet the needs of a company as it evolves. You're proficient in developing marketing plans, whether they're tailored to reach small businesses or large enterprises.
You're motivated to always keep learning and experimenting. You'll be managing our existing content and partnerships team and also work to scale out other key marketing functions. You'll also be working alongside product managers, designers, engineers, and data analysts. You don't need to be an expert in those things, but you should have a basic grasp of their roles and what they bring to the table. You can act as the glue to fill in many skill gaps until dedicated talent is available. No task is too big or small.
You're a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate strategy, plans, findings, and results to the marketing and full Zapier team.
You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
You understand that marketing is one of the first ways people find out about products. As a result you yearn to make a good impression by being honest, helpful and respectful.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Set and own monthly growth rate for Team Marketing's traffic and customer acquisition goals and consistently communicate plans and progress to the team
- Collaborate with the executive and marketing teams to further build marketing's long-term vision and execute an effective short-term plans
- Build an effective marketing team of managers and individuals whose work will have an outsized impact in the future, like they do today
- Manage a monthly marketing budget to help profitably grow the Zapier customer base
- Experiment with and prioritize a mix of marketing channels to scale customer acquisition and brand awareness
- Collaborate, on a weekly cadence, with a mix of marketers, designers, analysts, and engineers to execute marketing goals
- Measure and report results of the marketing team's work
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of marketing and management related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn't have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn't an option
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.