We're looking for an accountant to assist with monthly accounting and finance activities and help ensure Zapier meets compliance in any state where our 100% remote team currently has employees. If that sounds interesting, read on...
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You’re an eager learner and really enjoy solving puzzles. You’re a lifelong student of the accounting process and enjoy exploring process improvement. You’re well organized and detail-oriented while also possessing the ability to see the bigger picture. You like to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You have at least two years of accounting experience under your belt. This isn't your first rodeo. You likely won't have dealt with everything you'll encounter at Zapier, but you have a background of experiences that guide your decision making and you can use that to make smart decisions.
- You are willing to take on any task. Zapier is a fast growing and nimble team. You'll be part of an accounting team of three working alongside our CFO and our Tax Accountant. You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You have strong organizational and communication skills. You'll be responsible for multiple projects and tasks at a given time and can keep these organized and prioritized to ensure work gets done and logged. You like to get things done.
- You're resourceful. When you encounter a task you haven't done before, you know how to use Google, your network, your teammates knowledge and whatever other resources available to find a good path forward.
- You are detailed-oriented. You love getting into the nitty-gritty, but also have the ability to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Assist with monthly accounting and bookkeeping (expense categorization and classification, reconciling accounts, monthly journal entries, etc.)
- Help maintain compliance in each state Zapier has nexus (registrations, annual reports, franchise tax, sales tax) and keep up to date on all the new laws.
- Maintain and improve the equipment purchasing process along with the fixed asset system.
- Assist with additional accounting duties where needed such as the deferred revenue calculation, employee reimbursements, wires and payments.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.