Partner Manager - Key Accounts
We're looking for someone who's eager to help our largest and fastest-growing partners, like Google, Trello, Facebook, and Slack, succeed in launching and growing their Zapier integrations. If you're excited about SaaS, APIs, building win-win relationships, and automation, then read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You've built a career on building relationships, marketing is something you live and breath, you excel at following up with others, and you are intrigued by new products and technology.
This is not your first rodeo. You've had extensive experience in a Partnerships capacity on a SaaS or web product.
Meaningful relationships maximize your success. You prioritize creating, nurturing, and managing personal relationships over relying on hastily-made contacts.
You’re a marketer at heart. You are quickly able to assess a partner’s marketing assets, channels, intended audience, etc. and design a marketing plan that benefits both parties.
Writing is a skill you sharpen non-stop. From composing a short, convincing email to penning an 800-word persuasive blog post or the world’s punniest tweets, you don't stop honing your craft.
You make fearless asks. You don’t hesitate to reach out to a new partner, deliver a presentation, or negotiate a win-win deal. You can navigate large organizations and zero in on the right decision-maker.
You strive to build partnerships that benefit customers and partners alike. You think about how a potential partnership will solve customers' problems with practical use cases.
API documentation is familiar territory. You're comfortable looking for and suggesting improvements to an integration based on reading through a tool's API docs.
Efficiency impacts outcomes. You consistently automate time-consuming processes to free up time for more meaningful work.
Action beats inactivity. When you're given a task, you take ownership and find an effective way to complete it, whether or not it requires dozens of Google searches.
Learning gives you satisfaction. You strive to improve your work and expand your industry and marketing knowledge.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Build and maintain relationships with Zapier’s top 100+ partners
- Find creative ways to surface Zapier inside our partner’s products where customers would be looking for integrations/automations
- Inject yourself into partners' upcoming roadmaps; persuade them to work with Zapier, plan and execute product launches that highlight Zapier
- Motivate partners to participate in Zapier marketing opportunities (new feature releases, app roundups, etc.)
- Gain understandings of partners' users and show them practical use cases for Zapier
- Listen to partners and document their needs/requests in our feedback database
- Coordinate with Zapier's product teams to deliver the tools your partners need and with Zapier's content teams to deliver long and short-form content that inspires their users to automate their work.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.